Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whining 101

I promise I'll keep the whining to a minimum.

Last night was TOUGH. That sunburn I have on my shoulders meant I got maybe an hour's sleep last night. I couldn't lie on either shoulder, couldn't sleep on my stomach, and I just tossed and turned all night long.

Plus, the tour group that has reserved all the campgrounds has a contract, obviously, with all of the train companies. They keep putting us next to the railroad tracks. Now, I live next to train tracks (a lot closer than we are now), but, damn, these are some "whistle-y" trains. There's a law here in Iowa that they have to honk their horns for every street crossing. Well, through Jefferson the trains had to cross 4 or 5 streets. Which meant for almost 5 minutes straight, the trains are blowing their horns. Sometimes there were two trains going through town. It was like a contest to see which one could pump out more decibles. Yeesh.
In lots of pain because of the damned sunburn and then got to listen to trains run every 10 minutes.

Ok, end of whining. :) It's a gorgeous day. It's 64 degrees out side and simply beautiful. I'm headed to the fire department to load up on pancakes and then off to Ames which is only about 50 miles from here. It'll be a nice easy day today.

Thanks for reading -- I'll catch up with y'all later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ray,
Sorry to hear that you are hurting and tired. Hope you have plenty of suntan lotion for today. There has to be a pretty girl some where to apply it. I bet the 5:00 AM thing is getting pretty old at this point too. Best wishes for a better day and evening. T