Thursday, July 24, 2008

One Tired Puppy

Man, was today ever rough. And I thought yesterday was bad.

The hurricane that is in the Gulf of Mexico has thrown Iowa's wind patterns in reverse. So we rode 75 miles into headwinds of 20 to 30 MPH today. We climbed more hills than we did the day before. I am wiped out, I have to tell you.

We're overnighting in a place called North Liberty. As soon as I get this posted I'm headed to bed. Got a 65 mile ride on the next to last day. Headed to a place called Tipton. Then, up on Saturday morning to head to Le Claire, where, hopefully, my car is still parked.

The rain from this morning never really materialized, but I have a feeling as the hurricane gets more inland we're not gonna have good weather for tomorrow's ride, either. The wind will once again be in our face.

Again, to the 3 of you who're reading, thank you. (One person said he was disowning me because of some post by some guy named Elmer. I have no idea what he's talking about.)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on, Ray. I've been reading and enjoying this daily.

By the way, I saw a gadget you may be interested in if you're crazy enough to do this again. It's a tiny windmill you can clip on your handlebars. As you ride the windmill charges an internal battery. Later on you can hook your iPhone to it for a free charge.

Hey, I've seen those taco things here in Michigan at a cider mill. Didn't try one though. Any good?

Later,
Ed Venture

Crickle said...

had to chuckle at "the 3 of you who are reading this"

i've enjoyed every post every day!

love you

Anonymous said...

Poor puppy... but I think you ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Also, I've always had my doubts about that guy Elmer Fudd. And to think he used your blog site! I hope it wasn't Porky Pig he was t-t-t-t-t-t-alking about! He a bad, bad man. See and I'm just drawn that way.....

pwstrain said...

Enjoying this travelogue very much! My only wish is that I was riding it myself.
But you haven't told us about your gear! What are you riding?

Unknown said...

I have been keeping up with your ride. Sounds like you are gonna need another vacation to recuperate from your vacation.

Leslie said...

Hey there, cute stuff! I'm glad we found a signal and could talk last night. Too bad that truck got in front of you and dropped the call! Thanks for calling back.

I love the blog...read it from top to bottom.

And speaking of bottoms, how's yours doing?

We are all thrilled that you've had this experience and can't wait to see you when you get home!

Be safe.

P.S. Why is it that only babes are reading and commenting on this thing, Mr. Stud?