Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Long day

Hills were back with gusto. Unfortunately the headwinds also clobbered
he'll out of us today too. The winds wore us out and made the hills
that much worse to climb.

Folks seemed more subdued today. Maybe they were all drunk from Ames.
Or maybe the ride really was a tough one today. Tomorrow we face as
long a ride with more hills more wind ... And an extra treat: all day
rain.

I saw more flat tires today than any other. It seemed there was a flat
every 2 miles. And I saw 2 bad crashed too. Maybe that's what had
everyone subdued -- the thought a lot of pain is always a few seconds
away.

I ate like a pig all day long. I'll be coming home 400 pound heavier
than I left!

No phone signal again but at least I get the blog updated.

More tomorrow!

No comments: